Encrypted Voice Records: Now Available in New Protectstar iCrypter 1.0.2
iCrypter uses a 256 AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) algorithm to encode user data. This is the same standard of encryption used to secure sensitive military and government communications throughout the world. There is no backdoor or master decryption key, and message data is encrypted directly onto users’ mobile devices, without submission to any third-party host. The encryption process is carried out right on the user's device, and the symmetrical cryptography method, where sender and receiver share a common key, guarantees that messages can be read solely by their intended recipients.
* Powerful 256-bit encryption for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Ensure the privacy and security of sensitive information sent in a message
* Ideal for messages sent via SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype or iMessage
* Built-in iCrypter Contact Book keeps shared passwords encrypted
* Symmetrical cryptography guarantees that your messages can be read solely by their intended recipients
* Supports the encryption of photo, video and document attachments
* Integrated state-of-the-art ,Fail Safe Protection‘ security module securely deletes all data in the app if accessed by an unauthorized person
* Allows impregnably secure social-media interaction with friends or groups that have your secret password
* Send encrypted voice records
It is well known that emails and text messages are much like postcards, as they can potentially be read by any Internet user. Passing through numerous server node points on the way to their destination, such communications are totally open, non-secured, and modifiable. Protectstar, the experts in mobile security solutions, with more than 300,000 customers worldwide, developed iCrypter to enable users to easily send and receive emails and text messages that are 256-bit AES protected. The Advanced Encryption Standard algorithm is one of the most impregnable available today and is used to encrypt top-secret government, industrial, and military documents.
To further enhance the usability of this convenient encryption app, iCrypter contains an optional fail-safe feature. Should the iDevice be lost or stolen, all data, including encrypted messages and passwords, is erased if an incorrect password is used five times in an attempt to run the app (iCrypter's password is not an alphanumeric string, but a series of drags across an unlabeled, 4x4 keypad).
Completely unrecoverable in accordance with military security standards, such as the U.S. Department of Defense's DoD 5220.22-M E method, the erase function employs Protectstar's own, prize-winning, iShredder technology.
iCrypter is recommended for confidential correspondence between and within:
* Anyone who sends messages containing sensitive information
* Domestic or foreign company divisions or sites
* Attorneys, tax consultants, and clients
* Investment bankers
* Stockbrokers and institutional investors
* Mergers & Acquisitions managers
* Large companies
In addition to emails and other messages, iCrypter enables users to encrypt attached photos, videos, or other document files. Security conscious users can now send a message and an attached spreadsheet and have both encrypted automatically.
“iCrypter is a simple yet extraordinarily powerful way to keep your data safe from unauthorized access,” stated Chris Bohn CEO of Protectstar Inc., “even individuals who feel that they don’t have anything to hide should still take measures to protect their data from prying eyes. We’re proud to help people regain a sense of security and privacy in an increasingly invasive digital world.”
Additionally, Protectstar makes its algorithm available to users for analysis and validation purposes, providing complete transparency into the method of encryption for all user data.
* English, Spanish and German
* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for displays on all iOS devices
* 45 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Protectstar iCrypter is available in the Utility category of the iTunes AppStore. The app is regularly priced at $3.99 (USD), but available at the special launch price of $.99 for a few days.
Review copies are available on request.
About Protectstar Inc.:
Protectstar™ is an innovative cybersecurity company founded in 2004 by Chris Bohn. Over 7 million private users, leading companies from various industries, the military, government agencies and, last but not least, manufacturers in the IT security industry rely on Protectstar™ security solutions.
Further information about Protectstar™ at https://www.protectstar.com/en/
Mariah A. Bears