Out Now: iCrypter for iOS. Impregnable Military Message Encryption/Decryption
Protectstar today is pleased to release iCrypter for Apple iOS, its new utility that provides strong 256-bit encryption for incoming and outgoing messages sent via SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype or iMessage. Unlike some other encryption apps, there is no pay-per-message charge for encryption or decryption. The iCrypter Contact Book, built into the app, is itself securely encrypted, and it stores the different passwords shared by the sender and his or her iCrypter Contacts. These secret passwords allow the sender and receivers to automatically open each other's messages with the iCrypter app installed on each of their iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
The encryption process is carried out right on the user's iDevice, and the symmetrical cryptography method, where sender and receiver share a common key, guarantees that messages can be read solely by their intended recipients.
* Powerful 256-bit encryption for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Ensure the privacy and security of sensitive information sent in a message
* Ideal for messages sent via SMS, email, Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, Skype or iMessage
* Built-in iCrypter Contact Book keeps shared passwords encrypted
* Symmetrical cryptography guarantees that your messages can be read solely by their intended recipients
* Supports the encryption of photo, video and document attachments
* Integrated state-of-the-art ,Fail Safe Protection‘ security module securely deletes all data in the app if accessed by an unauthorized person
* Allows impregnably secure social-media interaction with friends or groups that have your secret password
It is well known that emails and text messages are much like postcards, as they can potentially be read by any Internet user. Passing through numerous server node points on the way to their destination, such communications are totally open, non-secured, and modifiable. Protectstar, the experts in mobile security solutions, with more than 300,000 customers worldwide, developed iCrypter to enable users to easily send and receive emails and text messages that are 256-bit AES protected. The Advanced Encryption Standard algorithm is one of the most impregnable available today and is used to encrypt top-secret government, industrial, and military documents.
To further enhance the usability of this convenient encryption app, iCrypter contains an optional fail-safe feature. Should the iDevice be lost or stolen, all data, including encrypted messages and passwords, is erased if an incorrect password is used five times in an attempt to run the app (iCrypter's password is not an alphanumeric string, but a series of drags across an unlabeled, 4x4 keypad).
Completely unrecoverable in accordance with military security standards, such as the U.S. Department of Defense's DoD 5220.22-M E method, the erase function employs Protectstar's own, prize-winning, iShredder technology.
iCrypter is recommended for confidential correspondence between and within:
* Large companies
* Domestic or foreign company divisions or sites
* Attorneys, tax consultants, and clients
* Investment bankers
* Stockbrokers and institutional investors
* Mergers & Acquisitions managers
* Anyone who sends messages containing sensitive information
In addition to emails and other messages, iCrypter enables users to encrypt attached photos, videos, or other document files. Security conscious users can now send a message and an attached spreadsheet and have both encrypted automatically.
"The security professionals at Protectstar guarantee that iCrypter contains no hidden back door or master key," stated Chris Bohn of Protectstar Inc. "In the interests of complete transparency, the symmetrical encryption algorithm used in iCrypter is freely available to users for their own proprietary validation and analysis purposes."
* English, German, and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 47.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Protectstar iCrypter is available in the Utility category of the iTunes AppStore. The app is regularly priced at $4.99 (USD), but available at the special launch price of $0.99 for a few days. Review copies are available on request.
About Protectstar Inc.:
Protectstar™ is an innovative cybersecurity company founded in 2004 by Chris Bohn. Over 7 million private users, leading companies from various industries, the military, government agencies and, last but not least, manufacturers in the IT security industry rely on Protectstar™ security solutions.
Further information about Protectstar™ at https://www.protectstar.com/en/
Mariah A. Bears