iShredder 2 Pro for iOS - Remove All Traces of Deleted and Trashed Files
* Best-selling, security utility app
* Exceeds international security standards
* Modern and secure erasing methods for flash memory (SSD)
* Standard and advanced deletion algorithms pre-installed
* Advanced secure erasing methods, such as: DoD 5220.22-M ECE; NATO Standard; US Army AR380-19; and BSI/VS-ITR TL-03423
* Highly secure erasing methods, such as: DoD 5220.22-M E for SSD; Gutmann; and Protectstar Secure Deletion Algorithm
* Shredded files are completely beyond recovery, even for experts and government agencies
* Friendly technical support by email
Unknown to most iPhone & iPod touch users is the surprising fact that files deleted or trashed are not really deleted. Emails, photos, notes, documents, videos, browser histories, music, messaging logs and reminders all disappear after they are deleted. But they remain intact until new files overwrite them (if ever). Files disappear because the Hierarchical File System in iOS crosses off the file's name in the Directory that lists every file. According to the HFS, the photo entitled "Me & Jen at the Beach" no longer exists. If necessary, the HFS can use the storage space occupied by the picture to hold some other file. However, until it is actually replaced in memory by new data, the photo can be easily recovered.
File recovery apps can help restore files accidentally deleted. File recovery apps and algorithms can also reinstate thousands of files, large and small, deleted over years of typical iPhone usage. Users expect deleted files to be deleted; Protectstar iShredder 2 Pro makes good on that expectation. The app offers 11 different, user-selectable choices for securely and permanently erasing deleted files. These algorithms work by repeatedly writing over the remains of deleted files with random characters. Commonly employed by such organizations as NATO and the U.S. Army, iShredder's algorithms provide the user with absolute assurance that their deleted data can never be recovered by anyone, even government computer experts.
It takes just three simple steps to overwrite the necessary flash memory using patented security standards, making it impossible to rescue any deleted files.
* 1st, open Protectstar 2 iShredder Pro
* 2nd, select a secure deletion algorithm
* 3rd, start the deletion process
"An independent IT security provider, Protectstar, Inc. supplies SMEs, government agencies, and large corporations with comprehensive consulting and individualized solutions in domains such as process management and process optimization," stated company founder Christopher Bohn. "The Protectstar Testing Center continuously carries out extensive testing of IT security products from prominent vendors. You can be certain that the Protectstar app you purchase is backed by our years of experience in data security."
* English, German, Portuguese, and Spanish
* iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later (iOS 5 tested)
* Universal app optimized for display on all iOS devices
* 4.3 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Protectstar iShredder 2 Pro 2.0.6 is $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Protectstar iShredder 2 Pro HD 2.0.5 is $3.99 and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category. Optional, in-app purchases are available for $0.99 each. Protectstar iShredder 2 Standard 2.0.6 is $2.99. Protectstar iShredder 2 Enterprise 2.0.4 is $8.99.
Review copies are available on request.
About Protectstar Inc.:
Protectstar™ is an innovative cybersecurity company founded in 2004 by Chris Bohn. Over 7 million private users, leading companies from various industries, the military, government agencies and, last but not least, manufacturers in the IT security industry rely on Protectstar™ security solutions.
Further information about Protectstar™ at https://www.protectstar.com/en/
Mariah A. Bears