How to prevent my WhatsApp account from a hacker? Someone has access to my WhatsApp account. How can I block this?
To prevent your WhatsApp account from being hacked, you should take the following steps:
- Use a strong password for your WhatsApp account, and do not share it with anyone.
- Enable two-factor authentication for your WhatsApp account. This will require an additional code to be entered when logging in from a new device.
- Be wary of suspicious links or messages you receive through WhatsApp, and do not click on any links or download files from untrusted sources.
- Keep your device software and WhatsApp app updated to ensure that any security vulnerabilities are patched.
- If you suspect someone has unauthorized access to your WhatsApp account, change your password immediately and contact WhatsApp support for assistance.
- Check your WhatsApp Web Sessions and log out of all other active sessions if you find any suspicious.
- Keep your phone and WhatsApp account backed up so that you can restore your data and contacts if your account is compromised.
- Do not share your personal details like phone number, email id, OTP, or QR Code with any unknown person.
Our Antivirus AI (https://www.protectstar.com/en/products/antivirus-ai) and Firewall AI (https://www.protectstar.com/en/products/firewall-ai) apps for Android can help protect your device from malware and unauthorized access.
We recommend combining different security measures like enabling Two-factor authentication, using a strong password, keeping your software and apps updated, not clicking on suspicious links, and being cautious when sharing personal information.